Well it’s now December and I still have a few die hard roses in my garden! I started pruning my roses some weeks ago but didn’t have the heart to cut the stems that still had buds on… ! The buds have opened and given me some watercolour inspiration…
Daniel Smith watercolours were used on Arches Aquarelle rough paper, 140 lb. I would love to be able to paint roses really well. I still have a way to go but feel happy that I’ve made an improvement.
It’s collage time! Welcome to weeks 10 and 11 of the collage project I’m doing with my sister, Carolyn, following the prompts in The Collage Workbook by Randel Plowman.
The week 10 prompt is Decollage. We had to glue down lots of layers of paper and then when the glue is nearly dry rip the top layers of papers away to reveal what’s underneath. Here’s what I did:
I used soft pastel coloured papers and also added some dried pressed flowers – a little hint of spring….
The week 11 prompt is numbers – create a collage with numbers as the focus. Here’s my offering:
A vintage blue collage with a spring twist with the added dried pressed flowers. And of course the numbers were included and I used vintage ephemera for that. Some erosion bundle papers went into this collage as well….
I had fun creating these collages. Next weeks theme is typography – something a little different for me. Looking forward to it…. !